Friday, October 20, 2017
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
201 King Street
There are currently 9 spaces available for Podcasting Chat (at Innovation Works)
A 1.5 hour session all about podcasting, specifically designed for people who are just starting out, thinking about starting out, or folks who have questions about gear, recording, process, styles, and so on.
Free, but please RSVP. Space is limited.
Stephanie Ciccarelli (@StephCiccarelli) is Founder and Chief Brand Officer at Voices.com. Author of Voice Acting For Dummies (Wiley Publishing, 2013), The Podcasting Ebook (2005), and The Definitive Guide To Voice-Over Success (2005).
We’ll ask Stephanie…
- How do I develop a ‘brand identity’ for my podcast show? How should I think strategically about my podcast’s purpose and set realistic goals?
- How can I best determine who my target audience is, and then plan my content, episodes, production/release schedule, and so on, most effectively?
- What are KPIs (key performance indicators) and how can I know if my podcast is successful?
- What are the most important things I need to think about when sitting down with a microphone? What do I need to know about microphone technique, breathing, etc?
- The importance of narrative: why is storytelling an essential ingredient for podcasting?
Stuart Clark (@StuartClark) is an IT professional, writer, podcaster and technology enabler. Co-host of the Canadian Tech Podcast
We’ll ask Stuart…
- What are the first things that I should consider when putting together equipment for personal podcasting?
- I’m on a budget! How much technology and equipment do I actually need?
“Backstage Ben” Cummings (@BackstageBen) is Producer and co-host of Jeff and Rachel in the Morning on 97.5 Virgin Radio, voiceover artist, movie reviewer and overall pop-culture sponge.
We’ll ask Ben…
- How do I intentionally create my own sound and style?
- Tips or guidance for making script reading sound natural?
- When improvisation calls…how do I stay cool on the fly?
Lindsay Harris is Coordinator, Public Service: Innovative Spaces and Services for London Public Library
We’ll ask Lindsay…
- What kind of podcasting equipment and opportunities resources will be available at Central in the coming months?
- How can I make my podcast as accessible as possible to people with hearing difficulties?
Dan Dawson is a retired, veteran broadcaster, but nonetheless a very popular voice and announcer at community events of all kinds in the city.
We’ll ask Dan…
- How do I get rid of ‘filler’ habits (ums, ahs) and other verbal ticks?
- Brevity and conciseness — what is my best strategy for remaining interesting, entertaining, and on-point?
Charles Blazevic is the General Manager, 121 Studios (unLondon)
We’ll ask Charles…
- What services and equipment is available for up-and-coming podcasters through unLondon?
- What are the most common errors and mistakes people make when they get into podcasting?
BRING YOUR QUESTIONS