A learning party for inquisitive minds and critical thinkers.
In 100 years, will Canadians think about gender differently than we do today?
A community conversation to address some critical questions and uncertainties for non-indigenous people seeking reconciliation in Canada.
- What was your experience of reading ‘Brother’ by David Chariandy?
- Blank Panther, Violence, and The Wretched of the Earth
- A Story Behind Every Street
- What do people mean when they say, ‘Science’?
- Has the Canadian government done due diligence in responding to the opioid crisis?
- Drug policy in Canada: from alcohol to opioids
- #MeToo and the Presumption of Innocence: how can we believe victims and protect the legal rights of accused at the same time?
- Whose version of the past counts? Do the residents of Utopia have a history? What makes time invisible?
- Art Changes People and People Change the World
- Is Hate a Public Health Emergency?
- Identity Politics – the podcast discussion
- Gender and Leadership: redefining and reconceptualizing power
- How much of an impact can the mayor of a city have on the community?
- And What Else? The Art and Anatomy of a Question
- Socialism, Capitalism, and Cheese Melting in Slow Motion
- Internet Trolling: A People’s Philosophy
- Dispatches from the campaign trenches
- The Good, Great, Bad, and Terrifying: adapting to the world of social media
- It’s off to work I go
- My Human Rights vs. Your Human Rights
- Who benefits the most by the way society is organized?
- A Critique of Multiculturalism
- Power, Whiteness, Patriarchy, and Police Culture
- Human Trafficking: Definitions, Interventions, and Politics
- The Heuristic of Hate: Dissecting Islamophobia
- Seeing the Present in the Past: Immigration in North America
- Surveying the Local Journalism Scene
- The City and the Stage: Civics and Theatre
- The Art of Self-Expression
- Post-Truth. Alternative Facts. Fake News. Blimey!
- Why Debating is a Life Skill
- Through the Radio Looking Glass
- Human Rights in Education: Do we really mean all students?
- Are We Actually Moving the Needle on Poverty?
- Trauma-Informed Thinking for Everyone
- What is the Cost of Poverty for Everyone?
- It’s Time to Retire Political Correctness
- Intersectionality 101
- Graduation Rates Aren’t the Whole Story
- The Oakes Test